"I just hate the illegal immigration debate, it's just so racist. I mean, California is Mexico, so have some fucking respect... The whole illegal immigration thing is just a way to be racist against Mexicans, that's all it is."
-Margaret Cho
I absolutely ADORE Margaret Cho, es tan políticamente incorrecta y no tiene miedo de decir las cosas como son. She's magnificent. She makes me laugh all the time! I love her jokes about Christian hypocrisy (or religious hypocrisy more likely), homosexualism, heterosexualism, racism, immigration, abortion, and so on. She laughs about the ignorance, hatred, and close-mindedness of SOME American people (specially religious groups and racist groups). Also, I think that smart people are able to laugh at themselves, and she does it all the time--all her diets, her complexes, her sluttiness, her life experiences. She's beautiful on the outside and the inside.
Su experiencia sexual con una lesbiana en un crucero por Alaska, su defensa implacable por los derechos de los gays, su creencia de que Jesús era un gay amoroso porque usaba el pelo largo, siempre traía vestido y se rodeó de 12 hombres. También está la vez que contó que siguió una dieta extraña que causó que se hiciera popó mientras conducía. Me encantó cuando habló sobre la menstruación y cómo muchas nos seguimos manchando los calzones a pesar de los años (hombres-como flor-que se incomodan cuando uno habla de su periodo, ¿tienen 15 años o qué? sí, nos sale sangre por abajo y no es cosa para avergonzarnos ni ocultarlo, eh). Here's one of my very favourites.
She was the clever woman that said this: "Christian groups have not the right to call themselves Christian, because they have no christianity to them, they have no kindness, no compassion, no charity. I want Jesus to come back and say 'That's NOT what I meant!'." She really knows what she's talking about.
One of the most sharp jokes she has made is the one about Native Americans. It was a total slap in the face for racist people in the audiende and all over. I loved it because the joke was absent of any kind of Eurocentrism. She said that if we were to speak about who owns America, the real owners of the American soil and American lands were Native Americans, because they arrived here first, not white people. Deal with it, blanquitos! ¡ME PARO DE PIE!
If I were to visit USA some day, I'll definitely go to San Francisco and buy tickets for the Margaret Cho experience. I wish I could go to one of her shows. And her tattoos are awesome!
Algún día, mi reina.